Front Desk Administrative Assistant / Permit Coordinator (Sarasota) 01 November 2019
Category: Front Desk Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Experience: Minimum 3 years in AE Industry preferred
Compensation: College degree with relative work experience preferred.
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project/office-related travel)
Waldrop Engineering is seeking a Front Desk Receptionist / Administrative Assistant for our Sarasota office. In this position, you will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the Civil Engineering, Planning, and Landscape Architecture Departments. This position will be part of an exciting and growing firm and applicants have the opportunity for career growth with our team.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full-service development consulting firm specializing in Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Civil Engineering. Our team provides services for a wide array of projects including master planned residential communities, golf course & destination resort communities, community parks, commercial & industrial developments, and master surface water management systems. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with branch offices in Fort Myers, Orlando, Sarasota, and Tampa, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, quality design, and a solid commitment to our clients’ success.
- Make a great first impression with visitors to our office.
- Attend to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face.
- Monitor visitor access, greet visitors appropriately, and maintain security awareness.
- Determine visitor needs in a professional manner and direct visitors to correct person.
- Keep reception and office areas clean and neat.
- Answer and address incoming phone calls in a timely and polite manner.
- Clearly determine the purpose of the call.
- Screen calls as required for managers.
- Forward calls to appropriate person.
- Take and deliver messages accurately and completely.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, events, and travel arrangements.
- Manage conference rooms and set up / restore for meetings.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Photocopy and collate documents.
- Monitor, control and order office supplies.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff.
- Process incoming & outgoing mail, deliveries, etc.
- Coordination with project managers to assist with project billing, contracts, & work orders.
- Coordination with accounting department.
- Collaborate with and assist Project Team on projects and permits.
- Coordinate and prepare permit applications with project team.
- Track permit applications.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, schedules, budgets and other project documents.
- Prepare and maintain spreadsheets.
- Coordinate permit applications with permit agency.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree preferred.
- Computer/keyboard skills and knowledge of relevant software including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: [email protected] Candidates will be evaluated based on relative work experiences, work samples, degree work, and performance interview. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.
Phone: (239) 405-7777
Email: [email protected]