Landscape Architecture – Internship (Tampa) 05 February 2021
Category: Landscape Architect / Land Planner
Experience: None, prior internship experience desirable
Location: Tampa, Florida
Education: Working towards a Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture degree, or equivalent degree, or possesses applicable work experience.
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project/office-related travel)
Looking for exposure to the “Real World” of landscape architecture? Come to Florida and spend your internship with us as a Project Designer working on REAL projects and get exposed to the day-to-day of practice. We are a dynamic and fast-paced group of over 30 LA’s seeking to hire great people and talented professionals for multiple internship positions. Our creative team of LA’s, Designers and Graphic Artists are looking for applicants interested in a fun and flexible workplace that focuses on your career development and professional advancement.
See things get built! We are targeting creative talent to support projects from conception through design and implementation, on a variety of master-planned communities, lifestyle amenities (including resort/hospitality/golf), parks and recreation, and campus planning oriented projects. Our projects are integrated with our planning and civil engineering discipline and work jointly to optimize our project designs and internal workflow.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full-service development consulting firm specializing in planning, civil engineering, and landscape architecture. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with Florida branch offices in Fort Myers, Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando, and Asheville, NC, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, integration of multiple disciplines within the design and conception of projects, and engagement and commitment to our clients’ success.
Personal Qualifications Include:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- Proficiency with design software including AutoCAD, AdobeCS, SketchUP Pro, ArcGIS, and MS Office.
- Strong communication skills, and the will and ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong graphic skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY hand graphics
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Exposure to, or direct experience in land development and/or building construction is desired, including landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort or amenity projects.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 8b-11, along with familiarity with Florida Grades and Standards.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: [email protected] Candidates will be evaluated based on the documents submitted, relative work experiences, research and degree work, proven accomplishment, references, and a phone interviews. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.
Phone: (239) 405-7777
Email: [email protected]