Landscape Architecture / Mid-Level Landscape Architect (Asheville) 08 September 2021
Category: Landscape Architect / Land Planner
Experience: Mid-Level to Senior Level, 4+ years minimum experience
State: North Carolina
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, with applicable work experience
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project and office-related).
Looking for a dynamic and fast-paced work environment? We are ready to meet you! Our creative team of LA’s, Designers and Graphic Artists are looking for applicants interested in a fun and flexible workplace that focuses on your career development and advancement. Our team is growing and has an immediate opportunity for qualified candidates seeking a mid-level Landscape Architect role in its newest location. We are targeting talented individuals with land development project experience, interested in refining their talents with the opportunity to grow and transition into a Project Management role. This position will support current and future workload on a variety of master-planned communities, lifestyle amenities (including resort/hospitality/golf), parks and recreation, and campus planning oriented projects. This position will be directly engaged with our leadership team and project management colleagues to focus on your professional growth and development, as well as be directly involved in our career development workshops and departmental planning.
Applicants considered for these roles will demonstrate excellent communication and time management skills, the ability to effectively lead a variety of projects, the ability to foster a creative office environment that promotes the integration of our planning, design and engineering services, the ability to be a teacher amongst your peers while individually being a lifelong learner, the initiative to implement departmental goals and procedures, and the ability to provide exceptional customer service and customer satisfaction throughout project life cycles.
Applicants must have awareness of, and prior exposure to, planning principles, entitlement processes, familiarity with and the ability to navigate land development codes, generally know the land development processes, as well as sensible land planning and site design principles. The ability to participate in land planning and due diligence exercises is desirable, including occasional design charrettes/workshops—detailed training will be provided within on-the-job tasks.
Applicants must also have confidence with their abilities to support the production of design deliverables and aspire to independently assume the following responsibilities: planning/policy related graphics support; master plan renderings and related artistic graphics; conceptual/schematic design packages; design development packages; complete site enhancement plan production, including construction documents for demolition, grading and drainage, hardscape, landscape, lighting, and irrigation; code minimum landscape and permit documents; budgeting; construction administrative services, exhibits and documentation; marketing graphics, related exhibits, and RFQ/RFP submittals. Exceptional candidates will possess the abilities to conceive, project, and implement required work efforts noted above, independently and in a manner consistent with company standards and expectations.
All members of the Waldrop team are expected to share in the continued professional development of their colleagues and the creative team. A willingness to participate in learning opportunities and to assist in developing training opportunities is welcomed.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full-service development consulting firm specializing in planning, civil engineering, and landscape architecture. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with Florida branch offices in Fort Myers, Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando, and Asheville, NC, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, integration of multiple disciplines within the design and conception of projects, and engagement and commitment to our clients’ success.
The applicant must have the following skill sets:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, and the will and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong graphic communication and design skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY hand graphics
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Construction experience in land development and/or building construction, including landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort—golf course—amenity projects.
- Awareness of basic marketing principles and sales experience
- Proficiency with design software including Autodesk AutoCAD/Civil3D/Revit, AdobeCS, SketchUP Pro and related rendering engines, ArcGIS and/or ArcMAP, and MSOffice PRO.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Southeastern USA (NC/SC/GA/TN/FL related USDA Zones 6-11), along with familiarity of regional nursery industry grades and standards, as well as other materials specification standards.
- Work from Home options will be considered depending on applicant’s location (with emphasis on the surrounding Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC markets).
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: [email protected]. Candidates will be evaluated based on the documents submitted, relative work experiences, research and degree work, proven accomplishment, references, and a performance interview. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.
Phone: (239) 405-7777
Email: [email protected]