Landscape Architecture / Project Designer – Entry Level (Asheville) 08 September 2021
Category: Landscape Architect / Land Planner
Experience: Entry-level, degreed professional, 0-4 years experience, internship experience
State: North Carolina
Education Requirements: Bachelor of Landscape Architecture or equivalent degree with relative work experience; or, adequate professional experience including direct responsibility for design, creation of plan documentation, and proficiency with respective design software.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project and office-related).
Looking for a dynamic and fast-paced work environment? We are ready to meet you! Our creative team of Landscape Architects, Planners, Designers and Graphic Artists are looking for entry-level applicants interested in a fun and flexible workplace that focuses on your career development and advancement. Our team is growing and has an immediate opportunity for qualified candidates seeking Project Designer roles in its newest location, Asheville, NC. This position will support current and future workload on a variety of master-planned communities, lifestyle amenities (including resort/hospitality/golf), parks and recreation, and campus planning oriented projects.
Duties of the selected candidate(s) will include assisting various project teams with site analysis, schematic design, design development, and production of construction documents on a variety of projects. The candidate is expected to possess a variety of artistic skills, including both hand-drawn graphics, as well as digital rendering skills, for execution of master plan renderings, perspective visualizations, elevations, sections, details, and plan graphics. Digital graphic enhancement techniques and compilation of design presentations/reports/presentations is a required skill for this position, and creative and technical writing skills are a plus.
All members of the Waldrop team are expected to share in the continued professional development of their colleagues and the creative team. A willingness to participate in learning opportunities and to assist in training opportunities is welcomed.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full-service development consulting firm specializing in planning, civil engineering, and landscape architecture. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with Florida branch offices in Fort Myers, Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando, and Asheville, NC, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, integration of multiple disciplines within the design and conception of projects, and engagement and commitment to our clients’ success.
The applicant must have the following skill sets:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- A desire to work on a variety of exciting development projects including master-planned communities, infill and redevelopment projects, resort and hospitality projects, park and recreation facility design, campus planning, placemaking, and more.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, and the will and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong graphic communication and design skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY hand graphics
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Construction experience in land development and/or building construction, including landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort-style amenity projects.
- Proficiency with design software including Autodesk AutoCAD/Civil3D/Revit, AdobeCS, SketchUP Pro and related rendering engines, ArcGIS and/or ArcMAP, and MSOffice PRO.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Southeastern USA (NC/SC/GA/TN/FL related USDA Zones 6-11), along with familiarity of regional nursery industry grades and standards, as well as other materials specification standards.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: [email protected]. Candidates will be evaluated based on the documents submitted, relative work experiences, research and degree work, proven accomplishment, references, and a performance interview. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.
Phone: (239) 405-7777
Email: [email protected]