Landscape Architecture / Project Designer – Entry-level Landscape Architect (Orlando) 05 February 2021
Category: Landscape Architect / Land Planner
Experience: Entry-level, 0 years minimum experience, internship experience desired
Location: Orlando, Florida
Education Requirements: Bachelor of Landscape Architecture or equivalent degree with relative work experience; or, adequate professional experience including direct responsibility for design, creation of plan documentation, and proficiency with respective design software.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Limited (Regional project/office-related travel)
Looking for a dynamic and fast-paced work environment? We are ready to meet you! Our creative team of LA’s, Designers and Graphic Artists are looking for entry-level applicants interested in a fun and flexible workplace that focuses on your career development and advancement. Our team is growing and has an immediate opportunity for qualified candidates seeking Project Designer roles in its Bonita Springs landscape architecture department. This position will support current and future workload on a variety of master-planned communities, lifestyle amenities (including resort/hospitality/golf), parks and recreation, and campus planning oriented projects.
Duties of the selected candidate(s) will include assisting various project teams with site analysis, schematic design, design development, and production of construction documents on a variety of projects. The candidate is expected to possess a variety of artistic skills with both hand-drawn graphics as well as digital rendering skills, for master plans, perspective visualizations, elevations, sections, details and plan graphics, as well as digital enhancement techniques and design presentations/reports/compilations. Our team is passionate about both hand-drawn and digital rendering skills, and applicants may also expect involvement in production of master plans, perspective visualizations, elevations, sections, details and plan graphics, as well as digital enhancement techniques and design presentations/reports/compilations.
All members of the Waldrop team are expected to share in the continued professional development of their colleagues and the creative team. A willingness to participate in learning opportunities and to assist in training opportunities is welcomed.
Waldrop Engineering, P.A. is a full-service development consulting firm specializing in planning, civil engineering, and landscape architecture. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, with Florida branch offices in Fort Myers, Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando, and Asheville, NC, the Waldrop Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on exceptional customer service, integration of multiple disciplines within the design and conception of projects, and engagement and commitment to our clients’ success.
Personal Qualifications Include:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, and the will and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong graphic communication and design skills, with an emphasis on QUALITY hand graphics
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Construction experience in land development and/or building construction, including landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort-style amenity projects.
- Awareness of basic marketing principles and sales experience
- Proficiency with design software including: AutoCAD 2015, AdobeCS (Creative Cloud), SketchUP Pro, ArcGIS, MSProject and MSOffice.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 7-11, along with familiarity of Florida Grades and Standards and other industry materials specification standards.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: [email protected] Candidates will be evaluated based on the documents submitted, relative work experiences, research and degree work, proven accomplishment, references, and a performance interview. Please visit our web site at www.WaldropEngineering.com for more information.
Phone: (239) 405-7777
Email: [email protected]